We are happy to welcome you to the website of OMEGA Immobilien Group.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number etc.). For the use of individual areas of our website, different rules may apply, which are explained in detail below. We process your personal data only in accordance in accordance with the provisions of German data protection law. Data are deemed to be personal if they can be clearly assigned to a certain natural person. You will find the legal basis for data protection in the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, “BDSG”), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz, “TMG”) The following provisions inform you of the type, scope and purpose of the collection, use and processing of personal data by the provider and the treatment of social media plugins, cookies etc. and your rights in this respect.
If you have any further questions and for all inquiries pertaining to your right of withdrawal that you can exercise anytime please use our contact information below:
OMEGA Immobilien GmbH
Bonner Straße 209 | D-50968 Cologne
Dipl.-Kfm. Martin Herkenrath
Telephone: +49-221-60 60 89-0
Data protection officer
2. Collection and use of personal information
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information on the website when it is necessary for our legitimate interests in connection with operating the website, in particular:
- for responding to your queries by email;
- for processing of service-related matters, in particular for inquiries pertaining to real estate;
- for providing services and/or information to you;
- for carrying out direct marketing measures;
- for transmitting personal information between offices of OMEGA Immobilien Group for internal administrative purposes;
- for hosting and maintaining our website;
- for providing technical support to you;
- for preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences;
- for ensuring network and information security, as long as, in each case, these interests are in line with applicable law and your legal rights and freedom;
- where you have agreed to this for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes or
- where it is necessary for legal obligations which apply to us.
3. Retention period
In accordance with applicable data protection laws we may delete or remove your personal information without further notice to you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or if it is no longer required for the rendering of the requested service, insofar as there is no legal obligation to retain such data. In specific cases prescribed by law (such as the legal and statutory requirements for document management) your personal data may be blocked and not deleted or removed.
4. Sharing of personal information with third parties / service providers
Some services that we provide, particularly those of a technical nature, require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken the appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
We may also provide your information to other third parties such as regulators and law enforcement agencies, where we are required by law to do so, where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud, other criminal offences and/or to ensure network and information security.
5. Data security
This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and for the protection of the transmission of confidential content, such as the inquiries you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection in your browser's address line when it changes from "http://" to "https://" and the lock icon is displayed in your browser's address bar.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transfer to us cannot be read by third parties.
6. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to require information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can ask for information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients with regard to whom your data were or are disclosed, the planned storage duration, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to objection, about the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, about the origin of your data in the event that they were not collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and if appropriate, ask for meaningful information about the details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to require rectification of your personal data stored by us if they are inaccurate or their completion if they are incomplete;
- under Art. 17 GDPR, to the erasure of your personal data stored by us unless the processing is required to exercise the right to free speech and information, to comply with a legal obligation, on grounds of public interest or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal rights;
- under Art. 18 GDPR, to require restriction of the processing of your personal data, in the event that you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, however you oppose their erasure and we no longer require the data, however, you require the same to assert, exercise or defend legal rights or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require transmission to another controller in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw at all times your consent after once having given it to us. The consequence of this is that we may not continue in the future the data-processing which was based on this consent and
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority. To this purpose, you can normally contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or at our registered company office.
7. Data collection on our website
Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted after your visit. Other cookies remain in your device's memory until you delete them. These cookies make it possible to recognize your browser when you next visit the site.
Server log files
The website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in “server log files”. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
- IP address
These data will not be combined with data from other sources.
The basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) DSGVO, which allows the processing of data to fulfill a contract or for measures preliminary to a contract.
On our website we offer you the possibility to contact us by email. In such an event, the information you provide is stored for purposes of processing your inquiry. No information will be disclosed to other parties without your consent. Nor is any of this information matched to any information that may be collected by other components of our website.
9. Analytics and advertising
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”. These are text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Analytics cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
We have activated the IP anonymization feature on this website. Your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area prior to transmission to the United States. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and Internet usage for the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent these cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, we wish to point out that doing so may mean you will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Objecting to the collection of data
You can prevent the collection of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set to prevent your data from being collected on future visits to this site: Disable Google Analytics.
Google AdWords and Google Conversion Tracking
This website uses Google AdWords. AdWords is an online advertising program from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
As part of Google AdWords, we use so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is set. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser stores on your computer. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification of the user. Should the user visit certain pages of the website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the website can tell that the user clicked on the ad and proceeded to that page.
Each Google AdWords advertiser has a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked using the website of an AdWords advertiser. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for the AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, advertisers do not obtain any information that can be used to personally identify users. If you do not want to participate in tracking, you can opt-out of this by easily disabling the Google Conversion Tracking cookie by changing your browser settings. In doing so, you will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics.
Conversion cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to optimize both its website and its advertising.
Outsourced data processing
We have entered into an agreement with Google for the outsourcing of our data processing and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Google Analytics.
10. Plugins and Tools
This site uses the Google Maps map service via an API. It is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of making our website appealing and to facilitate the location of places specified by us on the website. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of Google at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
11. Publication of vacancy announcements / online job applications
All application data received by OMEGA Immobilien Group by email is electronically collected and processed for the purpose of completing the application process. If your application results in the conclusion of an employment contract, the data collected from you may be stored in your personnel file for purposes of normal organizational and administrative processes in compliance with appropriate legal requirements. Upon rejection of your application, data you have provided is automatically deleted two months after notification of rejection. This does not apply in such instances where, due to legal requirements (such as the burden of proof obligation stipulated in the Equal Treatment Act) a longer storage period is necessitated or when you expressly agreed to have your data stored for a longer period in our database of prospective applicants.
12. Opposition to promotional emails
We hereby expressly prohibit the use of contact data published in the context of website legal notice requirements with regard to sending promotional and informational materials not expressly requested. The website operator reserves the right to take specific legal action if unsolicited advertising material, such as email spam, is received.
The above is an unofficial translation. Only the German version is binding.
Status: April 2018